What if an Energy Company Opened a Gym?
BY IAN LYONS | Students Erik Hogfeldt and Gustav Johansson take a fresh look at how a large Nordic energy company might use its marketing budget if it wanted to innovate.
The idea delivers a lot … (See video below)
Here is a breakdown of the idea:
- Create awareness about the product – and how much energy it takes to produce
- Increase contact from a monthly bill to a useful daily habit
- Move brand from staid and boring to fun and active
- Any energy you produce gets removed from your bill – and your waist line
- Single sign on and syncronisation to online hub
- Energy becomes something you manage – through an interest in the bill
- Simple calendar integration so it get scheduled into my life
- Auto status updates based on proximity to gym
- Visibility into which friends are also active
- Turn facebook or twitter status fields replace ad space because this is something people want to share
- Mobile app that allows you to access not only your bill but manage the devices at home
Above all, it makes sense that people would want to get involved – and it doesn’t require any significant new behaviours. It’s certainly something that could be funded as a trial out of a marketing budget.
One question I have is why didn’t Fortum run with any of the ideas? Here’s the web site today …
Latest posts by White Spaces (see all)
- The Meteoric Rise of Creative Professional Networking site, The Loop - April 17, 2013
- Getting Real about Managing your Cash flow - March 6, 2013
- The Willingness to Think Differently - November 28, 2012