New Business Ideas for Just About Everyone
With an audience that extends to just about everyone, the music business can be a great source for new business ideas. Here are five Springwise spotted recently:
1. MOOD TRAXXER — Traxx.fm’s Mood Traxxer aims help users find music to match their mood by getting them to describe their current state of mind, activity, needs and ‘drug’, and then serving them tunes according to those choices. Options include moods such as “Darth Vader on a Bad Hair Day”. Stereomood is based on the same concept.
2. THE COOL TV — Ever come out of a great gig and wished you could relive the experience straight away? As part of its hyper-localised strategy, digital music TV network The Cool TV is selling recordings of concerts as soon as they finish—both online and as CDs and DVDs available outside the venue.
3. CORONA HOTEL — Rock fans at the Rock in Rio event in Madrid next month will get a taste of an unusual promotion from beermaker Corona: a branded, pop-up hotel. Winners of an international contest get flights and tickets to the festival and will stay in purpose-built, luxury accommodation at the festival site. Of course, there’s complementary Corona beer for all guests.
4. MIXMATCHMUSIC — MixMatchMusic is a music community featuring a suite of tools that emphasise and facilitate musical collaboration. Content creators upload individual tracks which can be mixed online by fellow musicians and remixed by fans. Royalties are shared by all those involved.
5. CHARTFIXER — Those who habitually complain that the charts are fixed may derive some grim satisfaction from the advent of Chart Fixer in Australia—a service that pledges to get a single into the charts for those who can afford it … and to do so legally. By paying private individuals to download tracks (and taking a cut) the website promises to generate a buzz that may even lead to what it calls ‘natural sales.
Latest posts by White Spaces (see all)
- The Meteoric Rise of Creative Professional Networking site, The Loop - April 17, 2013
- Getting Real about Managing your Cash flow - March 6, 2013
- The Willingness to Think Differently - November 28, 2012